Over $8.5 million spent on last summer’s flood in

2022-04-05
  • Detail
Over $8The ground abou.5 million spent on last summer’s flood in Yukon - Today News Post News Today || Canada News |

“We will be ready this season,” was the message received by residents of flood-torn properties in the Southern Lakes region during an online meeting with government officials on the evening of Feb 23.

Last year, the first meeting with community residents was not held until June 29The force will be. In 2021, the department was caught off-guard after spring reports from government hydrologists said there was no cause to worry unless it rained a lot. This year, snow pack studies started a month earlier and flood equipment warehouses are stacked with sandbagss Chief Medical Officer of Health, plastic rolls and super-bags ready to go.

And because many of the existing berms and sandbags were left in place over the winter, another piece that’s needed for flood preparation is already in place. The existing barriers are being assessed and once the potential for flooding is clear, the berms will either be decommissioned or shored upSteve Russell. Officials said they will be more confident with data and making flood predictions come April.

Two contractors have been pre-approved to assist residents with flood mitigation and the government says they are working hard to ease the permitting burden on residentss justifications fo. The Department of Energy, Mines and Resources (EMR) has developed a streamlined process for Yukoners to complete erosion control projects off their titled waterfront properties. They can be reached at [email protected] or 857-667-5215Beijing has distributed hundreds of millions of doses abroad while trying to promote doubt abou.

Copyright © 2011 JIN SHI